Cookies disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

Having a CCJ Set Aside

To have a CCJ set aside, you will need to contact the court that issued the judgment.

They will ask you to fill out an N244 form explaining the reasons you believe the judgment should be set aside, enclosing a £275 court fee. You may be entitled to help with fees. For more information see here.

If the court approves your application to set aside you will be given a new hearing where a judge may order the judgment to be set aside.

Alternatively, if you and the claimant both agree the judgment should be removed, you can fill out a consent form asking for the judgment to be set aside by consent – there is a court fee of £115 for the consent form to be put before a judge.

If the judge approves your consent form, the judgment may be set aside.

If a court sets aside a judgment, they will notify us to remove the judgment from our public register. You can check if a CCJ has been set aside by using our case number search on TrustOnline.

Cancelling a Judgment

If the judgment amount is paid in full within a calendar month from the date of judgment, the judgment can be removed from our public register.

Either yourself or the claimant can contact the court providing proof of payment, however if you are providing proof of payment and wish for a ‘Certificate of Cancellation or Satisfaction’ you will need to fill out the N443 form and provide a £16 cheque or postal order.

Once the court notify us that a judgment has been cancelled, we will remove the judgment from our register and notify the credit reference agencies to remove the judgment from their files.

What if my CCJ relates to an insurance claim?

If a judgment against a consumer relates to an insurance claim, we can ask the credit reference agencies to remove the judgment from your credit file. It will, however, stay outstanding on the public register unless we are notified to remove it from the court.

We would require a letter on headed paper from the insurance company or their solicitors confirming:

• The judgment relates to an insurance claim
• Case Number
• Judgment date
• Judgment amount

Upon receipt of a letter from the insurance company or their solicitors, we will instruct the credit reference agencies to remove the judgment from their files.

CCJs relating to insurance claims can only be removed from the credit files of consumers, not limited companies.