Cookies disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

How to Obtain a No. 66 - Writ of Possession

Step One

Download the necessary forms:-

N293A Combined certificate of judgment and request for writ of control or writ of possession’ and

No. 66 - Writ of Possession’.

Step Two

Complete the form N293A ‘Combined certificate of judgment and request for writ of control or writ of possession’ and send to the court that issued your judgment.

The court will then stamp the N293A form and return it to you.

Step Three

Complete the form ‘No. 66 - Writ of Possession’ and send:-

Royal Courts of Justice
Room E15
Enforcement Section

Telephone number: 020 7947 7772 (option 5)


Step Four

Once the High Court returns your sealed ‘No. 66 - Writ of Possession’ you can send the original Writ to us for allocation of an enforcement officer. Our address is:-

Registry Trust Ltd
National Information Centre for Enforcement Department
153-157 Cleveland Street

Upon receiving the original sealed ‘No. 66 - Writ of Possession’ we will allocate it to a High Court Enforcement Officer. We will write to you to confirm the name and contact details of the Enforcement Officer.

Please note, we are only able to allocate an original sealed ‘No. 66 - Writ of Possession’ to the High Court Enforcement Officer. Copies will not be processed and will be returned to you.

Further Assistance

For further assistance you can contact the county court that issued your judgment or the Royal Courts of Justice Enforcement Section on telephone number: 020 7947 7772 (option 5).

You can find more information on how to enforce a judgment on the government website.